- 2 pickling cucumbers, sliced
- ½ small white onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ jalapeno, seeds & stems removed
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- In a large colander toss the cucumber and onion with two tablespoons of salt and let stand 10 minutes.
- Rinse the cucumber and onion and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar, remove from heat when dissolved. Add the cucumber and onion and let cool completely.
- Pour liquid over sliced cucumber, stir and store under refrigeration until needed.
- Transfer the pickles to a siphon and charge with two charges. Shake well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.