A Mushroom A Day for Mushroom Month
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: Mushroom Month! From the rich, meaty texture to the undeniable umami flavor and great nutritional perks, there’s a lot to love about the mighty mushroom. Needless to say, we’ll be celebrating all month long by eating at least one #MushroomADay.
Join in on the fun(gi) festivities and see if you add a #MushroomADay to your menu! Here’s what’s on deck:
- Monday: Start each week with Meal Prep Mondays as they debut a new meal-prep recipe featuring mushrooms every Monday.
- Tuesday: Kick it with Melissa d’Arabian every Tuesday evening as she spotlights her favorite mushroom dishes on her Facebook Live series, It’s Tuesday Night Somewhere.
- Wednesday: Turn your hump days into “Blendsdays” as we share some of our best blended recipes, tips and tricks.
- Thursday: Join dietitians from coast to coast as they dish up their favorite mushroom recipes, tips and nutritional tidbits.
- Friday: Wrap each week with “Foodie Friday.” We’ll be partnering with our produce peers to spotlight delicious ways mushrooms pair with other grocery-list favorites like eggs, beans, pork and potatoes.
- Weekend: Take the reins and freestyle on the weekend. Whip up a new, tasty recipe or try a mushroom variety you’ve never cooked with before. Whatever masterpiece you come up with in the kitchen, be sure to tag us when you share it on social media!
Need some extra #MushroomADay inspiration? These all-star recipes were hand-picked for Mushroom Month.
Egg and Mushroom Sandwiches on Sourdough
Boring breakfast sandwiches can take a seat. Spruce up your morning with an egg, sauteed mushrooms, onions and fresh arugula on toasted sourdough!
Oyster Mushroom and Spinach Orecchiette With Garlic and Lemon
This bright and flavorful meal comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner. The meatiness of oyster mushrooms balances the fresh spinach and refreshing splash of lemon.
White Bean Dip With Mushrooms
As a snack, side dish or appetizer, this shareable bean dip can be served warm or chilled. Enjoy the blend of herbs and spices and meaty, sauteed mushrooms atop your favorite tortilla chips or crackers.
Blended Al Pastor Tacos With Pineapple Jalapeno Slaw
Ground pork and hearty mushrooms provide the perfect base for this blended take on al pastor. Sweet and tangy coleslaw made with pineapple and pickled jalapenos top off the tacos with a bit of tang!
Fingerling Potato and Mushroom Poutine
Love poutine? Try an alternative take on the indulgent comfort food! Substitute steamed fingerling potatoes for fries and enjoy a savory gravy made with mushrooms and creamy cheese curds.
Classic Stuffed Mushrooms
What better way to celebrate Mushroom Month than by stuffing mushrooms with more mushrooms and sausage and cream cheese? You can’t go wrong with these simple yet classic stuffed mushrooms.
Love this blended recipe?
Make sure you’re signed up for our Blenditarian Enewsletter to get more recipes and tips using The Blend!