QUIZ: What’s Your Mushroom Sustainability IQ?
Test your Mushroom Sustainability IQ!
1. Producing 1 pound of mushrooms requires
a. 1.8 gallons of water
b. 5.4 gallons of water
c. 7.3 gallons of water
2. As many as _____ pounds of mushrooms can grow on 1 acre.
3. True or False: Mushrooms are grown year round.
4. Producing 1 pound of mushrooms requires only _____ KWH of electricity and generates only _____ pounds of C02 equivalents.
a. 5.0 KWH, 6 pounds
b. 1.0 KWH, 0.7 pounds
c. 3.0 KWH, 3 pounds
5. Mushrooms are grown in beds of agricultural materials. After harvesting, these are often
a. Watered down and reused for Tough Mudder competitions
b. Recycled for baseball fields
c. Recycled into potting soil
Do Better this Earth Month: Pledge to be a Blenditarian
Blenditarians believe that the mighty mushroom has meaty powers to make meals more delicious, nutritious and sustainable! Pledge to make ONE meal better this Earth Month by blending in mushrooms (find recipes here).
Head over to Blenditarian.com and pledge to do better.
Answers: A, C, A, B, C