Avocado and Farro Harvest Buddha Bowl
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 18 to 25 minutes or until tender and lightly charred in spot. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (do no overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if needed). Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, tahini and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Stir in yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, cumin and remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir together farro and Brussels sprouts. Divide among 4 bowls. Arrange mushrooms, avocado and alfalfa sprouts on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with tahini sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- Use shiitake stems to flavor vegetable broths and stocks
- If desired, substitute broccoli, cauliflower or romesco sauce for Brussels sprouts.
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Sodium: 470 milligrams
- Fat: 30 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 48 grams
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 17 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe