Add a flavorful twist to burrito night by blending half the beer with finely chopped mushrooms.
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon Tex-Mex seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 cup reduced sodium refried beans
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked Spanish rice
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim Cheddar cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the ground beef; pulse until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, Tex-Mex seasoning and mushroom seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes until mushroom mixture is browned.
- Spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Spoon in rice, and top with the mushroom mixture, lettuce, salsa and optional guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese, and roll up burritos.
- Coat a hot nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the burritos, seam side down, and toast on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
Many brands carry Spanish-style rice that can be prepared in the microwave for a quick dinner.