Asian flavors pop in this salad with crunchy veggies, creamy yellow potatoes and umami-packed shiitake mushrooms. Enjoy for lunch or a light dinner.
- 1 package Side Delights Steamables Golden Potatoes, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 6 to 8 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small chicken breasts
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup green onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Store-bought Asian-style dressing
- Cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut potatoes into quarters and set aside. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil and sliced shiitakes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow mushrooms to cool completely.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and heat until rippling. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook another 5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F as measured with a food thermometer.* Remove chicken from the skillet, allow to cool slightly, and cut into strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together except dressing. Dress to taste. Divide portions evenly onto four plates and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Cook time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.