Creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes meet with savory applewood smoked bacon and meaty mushrooms for an irresistible comfort classic. Serve on its own or alongside your favorite meatloaf or pork chop recipe.
- 2 packages Side Delights Russet Steamables, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, smashed
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, roasted or fried and cut crosswise into strips
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved and roasted (see below)
- Sour cream and minced chives for serving
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss mushrooms in vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mushrooms onto baking sheet and roast for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, add cooked potatoes, butter, sour cream, garlic, bacon and milk.
- Use a potato masher to combine, slowly adding more milk to reach desired consistency. Potatoes should be smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide between four bowls and top with mushrooms. Garnish with sour cream and chives to taste.
Customize by adjusting the amount of garlic and experimenting with other mix-ins such as cheese and herbs.