When you’re wanting a “lighter” pizza option this one will fit that bill perfectly. Our personal pesto portabella pizzas are the perfect portion for a light lunch or even can be served as an hors de vors for all your summer entertaining.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 2 large portabella mushrooms – cleaned and gills removed
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 1/2 –3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3–4 cherry tomatoes – halved
- kosher salt/pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place mushroom caps upside down on a muffin pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes until mushrooms have just begun to soften. Discard liquid.
- Equally divide pesto between mushroom caps. Using a silicone brush, spread pesto on inside of mushroom caps.
- Equally divide cheese between mushroom caps.
- Equally divide tomatoes between mushroom caps. Arrange on top of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn oven to broil. Return mushrooms to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes OR until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil.