Steak and mushrooms go hand in hand in my opinion, personally I don’t have one without the other. It’s very easy to make a delicious steakhouse steak with a side of sauteed mushrooms at home for a fraction of the cost of what you’d spend at a restaurant.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 3 tablespoons herb butter
- 6 ounces button mushrooms – whole
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 fillets
- kosher salt/black pepper
- Melt herb butter in a small-medium saute pan. Add mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms have softened. Stirring as necessary.
- While mushrooms are cooking, melt butter in cast iron skillet.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. Cook fillets over medium heat until seared on both sides. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 145 for medium.
- The USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F (medium) and then rested for at least 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute sauteed mushrooms over fillets.