Recipe courtesy of Jason C. of Flik Independent School Dining.
- 1 ½ cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cup medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cup Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ tablespoon crème fraiche
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 20 ounces fresh pizza dough, stretched to 18” round and placed on pizza disk and allowed to rise
- 4 cups arugula, slightly wilted
- ¾ cup truffle goat cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sauté the mushrooms in olive oil for 1 minute. Add a pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Set mushroom mixture aside. Mix the ricotta, creme fraiche, parsley, basil, oregano and honey, and set aside.
- To assemble the pizza, spread cheese mixture on top of the pizza dough, leaving a 1-inch border free of cheese. Sprinkle the mushroom mixture over the cheese mixture. Spread the wilted arugula over the mushrooms. Sprinkle the truffle goat cheese on top of the arugula and then finish with the shredded fresh mozzarella. Bake in a pizza oven (or a 450 degree convection oven) for 6-8 minutes. The crust should be brown and the top bubbly. Drizzle cooked pizza with truffle oil.