This vegetable-filled dish is the perfect excuse to invite family and friends over for a leisurely brunch, or dinner.
Recipe courtesy of American Egg Board.
- 5 ounces eggs* (12 large)
- 1/2 ounce basil leaves (12), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups yellow squash slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cups zucchini slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 cups red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs, basil, parsley, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in each of two (12-inch) oven-proof nonstick pans.
- Stir into each pan half the garlic, yellow squash, zucchini, red peppers and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add green onions; cook 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into each pan. Cook eggs until set, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the goat cheese over each frittata. Broil 5 to 7 inches from heat until slightly puffed, golden, firm throughout, and thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Allow frittata to set 5 minutes before cutting each into 6 wedges. Serve immediately.
- *If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.