This pasta is flavor packed and loaded with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, veggie pasta and chicken. It’s a 30 minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Recipe courtesy of Tawnie Graham, RDN (@krolls_korner).
- 8 ounces spiral veggie pasta, cooked (reserve 1/2 cup starchy pasta water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked spinach, fresh
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and add in mushrooms, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and seasonings. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the half & half, chicken broth and pasta water, and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally (pasta water will help thicken the sauce).
- Lastly, add in the cooked chicken, spinach and Parmesan. Stir until combined. Serve warm.