These flavorful plant-based tacos from @veggiesandchocolate are going to be a new dinner staple!
- 1/8 head red cabbage (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/8 head green cabbage (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 2 large or 3 medium-sized carrots (about 3/4 cup chopped)
- 6 oz. crimini mushrooms (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1 package tempeh
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, divided (1/4 cup, 3/4 cup)
- 8 small soft tortillas
- Optional: chives for garnish
- Roughly chop red and green cabbage. Set aside.
- Peel and julienne carrots. Thinly slice mushrooms. Add to a bowl and set aside.
- Roughly chop tempeh, until small crumbles remain. Set aside.
- In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add carrots and mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft. Add 1/4 cup of Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, mix and cook for another minute. Add cooked carrots and mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to the pan. Add crumbled tempeh and let cook for about 5 minutes, until tempeh begins to get golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup of Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, cook for another minute and set aside.
- Assemble tacos: top each tortilla with cabbage mixture, sauteed carrots and mushrooms and teriyaki tempeh. Optional to garnish with chives and serve.