Mushroom Council Feed Your Immune System with Soup Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Mushroom Council’s (MC) “Feed Your Immune System with Soup” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to those who are 18 years old, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Mushroom Council (MC) (the “Sponsor”) and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted during two entry periods (the “Entry Periods”):
Round 1: February 2, 2023 at 8:00am CST to February 8, 2023 at 11:59pm CST
Round 2: March 1, 2023 at 8:00am CST to March 7, 2023 at 11:59pm CST
4. How to Enter: Participants will have two opportunities to submit an entry (“Entry”):
Round 1: Participants must follow the directions on the Facebook post on February 2, 2023 to submit an Entry:
1. Comment on the Facebook post with your favorite mushroom soup recipe.
2. Like the Mushroom Council on Facebook.
Round 2: Participants must follow the directions on the Instagram post on March 1, 2023 to submit an Entry:
1. Follow @mushroomcouncil on Instagram.
2. Like the Instagram post from @mushroomcouncil on 3/1/23.
3. Tag your a friend who also loves mushroom soup in the comments of the Instagram post from @mushroomcouncil on 3/1/23.
The Entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only once in each Round and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Round 1: Five (5) Winners will receive one (1) Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte (ARV $22).
Round 2: Two (2) Winners will receive a prize pack consisting of two (2) Le Creuset Mini Round Cocottes (ARV $44).
No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: All seven (7) Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in random drawings from all eligible entries under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via social media message within five (5) days following the winner selection. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seventy-two (72) hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Sweepstakes you understand that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such a case, Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
When entering the Sweepstakes, you may opt-in to receive email newsletters periodically from Sponsor by selecting the optional checkbox. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND MISSOURI, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Missouri having jurisdiction; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the intellectual property of MC, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Missouri and in the event of any dispute, all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Missouri to resolve such disputes. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners’ names or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Mushroom Council Sweepstakes c/o 11 NE Martin Luther King Jr BLVD #603, Portland, OR 97232. Requests must be received no later than March 31, 2023.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Mushroom Council, 200 NE Missouri Road, Suite 200, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.