Nominations Open for 2023-2025 Term
March 8, 2022 – At its February 10 meeting in Dallas, the Mushroom Council® elected new officers for 2022.
- Chairperson: Curtis Jurgensmeyer, CEO, J-M Farms, Miami, Okla.
- Vice-Chairperson: Mark Moran, Kaolin Mushrooms/South Mill Champs, Kennett Square, Pa.
- Secretary: Meghan Klotzbach, C.P. Yeatman & Sons/Mother Earth, West Grove, Penn.
- Treasurer: Edward M. Wuensch III, Kitchen Pride Mushroom Farm, Gonzales, Tex.
The nine-member Council is comprised of eight domestic growers and one importer representing four regions. The program’s purpose is to maintain and expand existing mushroom markets and uses. Members are:
Region 1 (Includes all states except for CA and PA)
- Curtis Jurgensmeyer, J-M Farms Inc.
- Edward M. Wuensch III, Kitchen Pride Mushroom Farm
- Fletcher Street, Ostrom Mushroom Farms
Region 2 (Includes Pennsylvania)
- Joe Caldwell, Giorgi Mushroom Company
- Meghan Klotzbach, C.P. Yeatman & Sons/Mother Earth
- Mark Moran, Kaolin Mushrooms/South Mill Champs Mushrooms
- Michael Basciani, M.D. Basciani & Sons/Basciani Foods
Region 3 (Includes Calif.)
- Jack Guan, California Terra Garden/Guan’s Mushroom
Region 4 (Includes importers)
- Jane Rhyno, Highline Mushrooms
The officers’ responsibilities include ensuring the Council develops and implements an annual research, marketing and promotions plan, and ensuring the Council manages and follows its annual budget.
Mushroom Council Calls for Nominations — 2023-2025 Term
A call for nominations for three-year terms beginning January 1, 2023, is now open. Completed nomination forms must be emailed or postmarked no later than May 2, 2022. The regions with positions available are:
- Region 1 (All states except CA & PA) – two open positions
- Region 2 (PA) – one open position
For more information, please contact Cheryl@mushroomcouncil.org.