Coq Au Blanc
Nothing is more comforting during the winter months than gathering around and indulging in a hearty and delicious one pot meal.
Recipe courtesy of Billy Parisi.
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 each bone-in split chicken breasts, drumsticks and wings
- 20 cippolini onions, peeled
- 5 carrots, cut into 1” chunks
- 5 stalks of celery, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 pint baby bellas
- 1 pint button mushrooms
- 25 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large dutch oven pot on high heat add bacon and cook until crispy and the fat is rendered.
- Once the bacon is brown and crisp, remove form the pan and set aside.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper and cook on high in the dutch oven pot with the rendered bacon fat on all sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add in the onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms and roast on high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and add in the herbs and flour. Mix until combined.
- Pour in the wine and chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and bacon back into the pot, cover with lid and cook in the oven for 90 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve hot.
If you like this, try these:
Enjoy this scrumptious veal wrap with mushrooms and blue cheese nestled inside.view Recipe
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe