Robyn from Add a Pinch shares her recipe for a perfect make-ahead summer appetizer with Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms make a perfect warm weather meal. While they are perfect for a family meal, they are also excellent for entertaining.
During the summer months no one wants to spend endless hours in the kitchen when they can be outside enjoying their company, which is why I like to make these crab stuffed mushrooms ahead of time (up to a day in advance) and then bake them right before serving.
You can easily assemble the crabmeat stuffing and stuff into large portabella caps for a dinner or in smaller portabella or even white mushroom caps as an appetizer.
Their versatility makes them a go-to recipe in my book.
Crab Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
4-6 large Portabella mushroom caps or 24 small Portabella or white button mushroom caps
2 cups crab meat
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375º F, if baking at time of making. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Place mushrooms onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese, parsley, onion, cheese, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Top each mushroom cap with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until the mushroom has become tender and juicy and the crab stuffing has warmed throughout.
- Serve warm.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!