Win BIG with The Mushroom Council & Veal Made Easy
Who wants to win big? Enter to win $500 in free groceries for the grand prize or two $50 Williams-Sonoma® gift card first prizes with Veal Made Easy’s summer sweepstakes.
Celebrate summer grilling with the new Veal and Portobello Mushroom Blend Burger! A blend of mushrooms and veal create patties that are cooked to perfection and topped with a slice of Swiss cheese. The delicious patty is placed between two Portobello mushroom caps which serve as the bun. Add condiments and additional toppings to taste.
Give the recipe a try tonight! And don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes!
Veal and Portobello Mushroom Blend Burger
16 oz. Veal Ground
10 oz. Mushrooms, chopped fine
3 oz. Bread Crumbs
3 oz. Milk
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
3 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
6 slices Swiss Cheese
Portobello Mushroom Caps
12 Portobello mushrooms
4 Tbsp. Canola Oil
4 Tbsp. Worcestershire black pepper blend
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix the veal, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and chopped parsley to incorporate.
2. Form the meat mixture in 4-6 burgers that consist of or 6 oz. per patties.
3. Take the stems off the mushroom and use them as part of the chopped mushrooms. Using a table spoon, scrape out the gills from underneath the mushrooms and discard. Combine all the ingredients for the Portobello mushrooms and toss lightly.
4. Pre-heat the grill; when hot, grill each mushroom until tender, about 6 minutes and reserve warm. Add the burgers one at time and brown for 2-3 minutes; turn the burgers over and repeat the browning process, making sure the burgers reach an internal temperature of 155°f.
5. Add one slice of Swiss cheese to the burgers.
6. Place one Portobello mushroom on a serving platter, add a burger and place the second mushroom on top. Serve immediately.