Al Pastor Mushroom Tacos
- 1 lb portabella mushrooms
- 2 tsp achiote powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- small street style white corn tortillas
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple slices
- 1 mixed cup of chopped cilantro and diced sweet yellow onion
- 2 limes, sliced for serving
- Clean portabella mushrooms and pat dry. Slice into strips (medium thickness).
- In a large bowl, mix the mushrooms with the marinade ingredients.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and sauté mushrooms until cooked through. Set aside.
- Char pineapple slices in another skillet or keep raw.
- Warm tortillas in a separate skillet.
- Assemble tacos: in tortilla add cooked mushrooms, sprinkle cilantro & onions, top with pineapple and serve with fresh lime wedges and salsa.
If you like this, try these:
Explore the flavors of the West in this al pastor taco recipe featuring meaty portabella mushrooms, created by @loveinmybelly.view Recipe
Nothing says “Midwest” like a hotdish. Explore this Midwest favorite with a vegetarian twist using mushrooms, created by @forkinthekitchen.view Recipe