Andouille Sausage, Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Naan PizzaPrint
You will love the flavor combination of this naan pizza creation by Aggie’s Kitchen! Enjoy a couple of slices of this hearty pizza with a green salad to keep things on the lighter side.
Recipe courtesy of Aggie’s Kitchen.
- 2 naan breads
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato spread
- 2 links turkey andouille sausage, halved then sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces whole portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, julienned and rehydrated in a bowl of water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons water, reserved from rehydrating sun-dried tomatoes
- good pinch coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if using a pizza stone set inside oven to preheat at this time as well).
- To prepare sun-dried tomato spread: combine ingredients into blender or small food processor. Pulse a few times until spreadable. You do not need to puree, it can be chunky.
- In a large saute pan, cook sauage slices for about 7 minutes or until browned. Set aside in bowl. In same pan, saute mushrooms in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add pinch salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place naan breads on preheated pizza stone or baking sheet in over and warm up for 5 minutes. Pull out spread 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomato spread on each naan. Spread shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over both breads. Top generously with cooked mushrooms and sausage pieces.
- Place pizzas back into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until bubbly and browned.
To make the preparation of this pizza even easier, purchase sun-dried tomato spread in the jar where you find other sun-dried tomato products. Naan bread is not low in calories, so if you are watching your weight and want to make sure you stick to a serving size, which is half a naan bread. Serve your pizza with a nice sized salad to keep your portions in check!
If you like this, try these:
Try out this delicious vegan, one-pot recipe featuring roasted portabella mushrooms and tomato garlic sauce from @theglobalvegetarian.view Recipe
Add nutritious ingredients, like mushrooms, spinach and sweet potatoes, to your plate, with this delicious blended recipe from @seasonal_cravings.view Recipe
Blended Asian Beef Bowl with Cucumber and Carrot Saladview Recipe