Arborio & Mushroom Fall Side DishPrint
Serve Arborio & Mushroom Fall Side Dish warm with chicken, or chilled for a quick lunch.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced onion, or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth (plus 1 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sweet apple, such as honeycrisp, peeled and chopped
- Heat the butter and olive oil in medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and basil and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the arborio rice and then quickly pour in the 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let the broth soak into the rice.
- Then add the 1 cup of water and continue cooking until it has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and cook until most of the leaves have wilted. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Once the rice has cooked, add to the mixing bowl and combine with the mushrooms and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the apple pieces.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe