Arborio & Mushroom Fall Side Dish
Serve Arborio & Mushroom Fall Side Dish warm with chicken, or chilled for a quick lunch.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced onion, or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth (plus 1 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sweet apple, such as honeycrisp, peeled and chopped
- Heat the butter and olive oil in medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and basil and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the arborio rice and then quickly pour in the 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let the broth soak into the rice.
- Then add the 1 cup of water and continue cooking until it has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and cook until most of the leaves have wilted. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Once the rice has cooked, add to the mixing bowl and combine with the mushrooms and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the apple pieces.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!