Beef & Broccoli with Mushrooms
It’s ½ mushrooms + ½ beef and 100% delicious!
RD-created Recipe from Cara Harbstreet, MS RD LD
- 10 oz. portabella mushroom caps
- ½ lb. skirt steak, or you can use flank steak, cube steak, or other thinly sliced beef
- 2 heads of broccoli
- ½ cup veggie or beef stock
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp each brown sugar, minced garlic, minced ginger, sesame oil, and oyster sauce
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Marinate the beef in a splash of sesame oil and soy sauce while you prep everything else.
- Mix the cornstarch into the stock until dissolved. Then stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and oyster sauce. Whisk and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the portabellas into thick strips. They’ll cook down quite a bit so be generous!
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add a little bit of cooking oil to your pan and work in batches to avoid overcrowding. First, stir fry the broccoli 2-3 minutes. Swap it out and stir fry the mushrooms for ~3 minutes. Swap it out and cook the beef 2-3 minutes, flipping once.
- Finally, add the sauce to the beef and stir to let it thicken. Then mix the broccoli and mushrooms back in, garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, then serve it up in a bowl with rice!
This recipe is super flexible and all measurements are a suggestion, not a rule. This Beef & Broccoli with Mushrooms can also go fully veggie-mode by exchanging the beef for double portabellas and using veggie broth or stock.
If you like this, try these:
Try out this delicious vegan, one-pot recipe featuring roasted portabella mushrooms and tomato garlic sauce from @theglobalvegetarian.view Recipe
Add nutritious ingredients, like mushrooms, spinach and sweet potatoes, to your plate, with this delicious blended recipe from @seasonal_cravings.view Recipe
Blended Asian Beef Bowl with Cucumber and Carrot Saladview Recipe