Cheesy Mushroom Gourgeres
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Cook Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield 32 1x
Gourgeres are a fancy terms for cheesy pillows of goodness and are a wonderful addition to any and all holiday parties. They come together quickly and the add-ins can be switched up at a moment’s notice.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jone of bell’alimento.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 8 ounces mushrooms (blended) – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3–4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a large saute pan heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cook until softened. Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine ½ cup of water, milk, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Immediately add the flour. Stir quickly into the mixture with a wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from the pan and forms a ball, cooking for an additional minute while stirring.
- Remove dough from heat and place into stand mixer. Allow to cool. Mix in eggs one at a time, mix until combined. Add cheese, mushroom mixture and mix until combined.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop rounds approximately 2” apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 375 and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes OR until golden brown. Serve warm.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!