Cheesy Mushroom Tart
Tarts are easy and elegant and come together lickety split. They’re incredibly versatile. You can enjoy them for brunches, light lunches or even dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 puff pastry crust – thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion – minced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms – sliced, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine kosher salt/pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese – room temperature
- 4 ounces mascarpone – room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a rectangular tart pan with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll pastry and form to fit pan. Using the tines of a fork poke holes throughout. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, into a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add 7 ounces of mushrooms, thyme and wine. Continue cooking until mushrooms have softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cheeses to mixture and stir until combined. Check for seasoning. Adjust if necessary.
- Pour cheese mixture into crust and spread evenly. Top with reserved mushrooms. Bake for additional 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Let tart cool and then cut into slices. Garnish with additional thyme if desired.