Garlic-Rosemary Butter Roasted Chicken Thighs and Veggies with Mushrooms Orzo Risotto
Eat your vitamins A, B and C with this nutrient-packed weeknight meal that everyone will love. Get your vitamin A from the carrots (110% DV), B-2 vitamins from the crimini mushrooms (30% DV) and vitamin C in the onions (20% DV).
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 zucchini, sliced in half moons
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Pat chicken dry. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Sear chicken until brown on both sides, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Toss quartered mushrooms, zucchini and carrot in a large bowl with garlic and rosemary.
- Spread veggies out onto a large baking sheet. Nestle chicken into vegetables. Drizzle with butter and juices from the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
For the orzo:
- Warm the broth in a small pot over medium-low heat.
- Use the skillet from the chicken and add butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and finely chopped Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add orzo and black pepper. Stir and cook the orzo for 2 minutes. Add the white wine and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add broth to the orzo, 2/3 cup at a time, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, waiting until the last batch is absorbed before adding the next. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
- Serve in individual bowls with chicken and roasted vegetables atop mushroom orzo risotto.
If you like this, try these:
Have your steak and eat it too…with portabella mushrooms! Enjoy premium ingredients (like a nice steak!) without going over budget.view Recipe
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe