Chipotle Mushroom Tacos
Chez Us adds a bit of summer spice to the winter blues with this recipe for Chipotle Mushroom Tacos, just in time for Taco Tuesday.
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 10 medium crimini mushrooms
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 2 large canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- corn tortillas
- feta cheese
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the onion, stir and lower the heat. Continue cooking the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut half of the crimini and portobella mushrooms into slices.
- Using a food processor, chop the remaining crimini mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the garlic, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to the onion mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices, stir and continue cooking over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, place some of the mushroom mixture onto a tortilla, and top with some cilantro and feta. You can also add some salsa for a little more flavor and texture.
If you like this, try these:
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe
A flavorful mix of crimini, shiitake, and white button mushrooms are sautéed in a crisp, dry white wine before they are layered on the pizza with mozzarella cheese.view Recipe