Chipotle Mushroom Tacos
Chez Us adds a bit of summer spice to the winter blues with this recipe for Chipotle Mushroom Tacos, just in time for Taco Tuesday.
Recipe courtesy of Chez Us.
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 10 medium crimini mushrooms
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 2 large canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- corn tortillas
- feta cheese
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the onion, stir and lower the heat. Continue cooking the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut half of the crimini and portobella mushrooms into slices.
- Using a food processor, chop the remaining crimini mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the garlic, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to the onion mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices, stir and continue cooking over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, place some of the mushroom mixture onto a tortilla, and top with some cilantro and feta. You can also add some salsa for a little more flavor and texture.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe