Chipotle Mushroom Tacos
Chez Us adds a bit of summer spice to the winter blues with this recipe for Chipotle Mushroom Tacos, just in time for Taco Tuesday.
Recipe courtesy of Chez Us.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 10 medium crimini mushrooms
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 2 large canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- corn tortillas
- feta cheese
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the onion, stir and lower the heat. Continue cooking the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut half of the crimini and portobella mushrooms into slices.
- Using a food processor, chop the remaining crimini mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the garlic, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to the onion mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices, stir and continue cooking over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, place some of the mushroom mixture onto a tortilla, and top with some cilantro and feta. You can also add some salsa for a little more flavor and texture.