Cream of Mushroom Soup
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 small stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 pint of button mushrooms
- 1 pint of baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup of shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 cups of oyster mushrooms, stems removed
- ¼ cup of flour
- 1 cup chardonnay
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves, shredded for garnish
- Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large pot on high heat render the bacon fat until the bacon lardons become crispy.
- Remove the bacon and add in onions, celery and garlic and saute for 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat or until lightly browned.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it is completely mixed in. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook until it is almost gone.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil until it becomes thick.
- Puree the mushroom soup until smooth with a hand blender or a regular blender.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and finish with the heavy cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with croutons, crispy bacon lardons, fresh thyme and Parmesan.