Creamy Polenta with Mushroom Sauce
A combination of both white button and baby bellas are cooked simply and quickly and then place a top the polenta. It’s stick to your ribs good. Have a small cup for lunch or a big bowl for dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 cups polenta
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms – stems removed, quartered
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms – stems removed, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan bring stock to a boil. Add salt. Gradually and slowly whisk in polenta.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until polenta thickens. Stir with a wooden spoon as necessary. Once the polenta is cooked through, stir in Parmigiano.
- While the polenta is cooking, heat oil over medium-heat in a medium sauté pan. When pan is hot add in the mushrooms and cook until done. Add garlic and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Transfer polenta to serving dish, and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Serve immediately.