Crimini Mushroom Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi
Made with umami-rich mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, this gnocchi recipe is a delicious and quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces crimini mushrooms (about 6 medium sized mushrooms), sliced
- 1/2 package potato gnocchi (this is equal to 2 servings or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup jarred sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup low-sodium white cannellini beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook down until soft. Add splashes of water throughout as needed so the pan doesn’t get too dry.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, boil water for the gnocchi. Cook according to package directions.
- Once the mushrooms are soft, add baby spinach to the pan and cook until wilted.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and beans to the pan, stir, and cook for another minute or until warm. The oil from the sun-dried tomatoes will help serve as a sauce. Toss in gnocchi. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Molly Cleary, MS, RD.
If you like this, try these:
Made with umami-rich mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, this gnocchi recipe is a delicious and quick weeknight dinner.view Recipe
This pasta is light and refreshing with the bright flavors of garlic and lemon. Meaty oyster mushrooms add a savory note and heartiness to the dish while spinach keeps it fresh and colorful.view Recipe