Dashi-Based Soup with Mushrooms
Craving something hearty, nutritious, flavorful, and comforting? Start with what you already have in your pantry, add some mushrooms, fresh herbs, and greens, and make some cozy magic with this vegan dashi-based broth from @proportionalplate.
Tailor your ingredients to your preferences and what you have on hand:
- Mushrooms: White Mushrooms, Crimini, Shiitake
- Noodles: Udon, Ramen, Soba, Glass Noodles
- Greens: Choi Family, Kale Family, Chard, Spinach, Mustards
- Spice: Pickled Peppers, Red Pepper Flakes, Gochujang, Chili Oil
- Acid: Lemon or Lime Juice, Pickle Juice, Mirin
- Fresh Herbs: Cilantro, Basil, Tarragon, Scallion Greens, Mint
- Salt: Soy Sauce, Miso, Sea Salt
Tip: Taste the broth and add heat, acid, salt, and even sweetness to your liking.
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!