Egg Mushroom Kale Skillet
Put a twist on the classic egg and mushroom pairing in this delicious, pan-seared skillet combination great for a healthy meal any time of day.
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add in mushrooms, onion, and garlic and sauté until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in red pepper and kale and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Depress three areas within the ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon and crack an egg into each of the depressions.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until the egg has reached your preferred amount of doneness, 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe