Egg Mushroom Kale Skillet
Put a twist on the classic egg and mushroom pairing in this delicious, pan-seared skillet combination great for a healthy meal any time of day.
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add in mushrooms, onion, and garlic and sauté until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in red pepper and kale and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Depress three areas within the ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon and crack an egg into each of the depressions.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until the egg has reached your preferred amount of doneness, 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe