Egg Mushroom Kale Skillet
Put a twist on the classic egg and mushroom pairing in this delicious, pan-seared skillet combination great for a healthy meal any time of day.
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add in mushrooms, onion, and garlic and sauté until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in red pepper and kale and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Depress three areas within the ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon and crack an egg into each of the depressions.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until the egg has reached your preferred amount of doneness, 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe