Fancy Mushroom & Gouda Style MeltsPrint
These easy mushroom melts are meaty, creamy and cheesy. Perfect for a quick lunch.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fancy mushrooms of choice (e.g. shiitake, chanterelles, etc)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Sliced Gouda cheese, to taste
- 2 lightly toasted slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add mushrooms and onion, season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned.
- Top each slice of bread with mushroom and onion mixture and slices of cheese.
- Broil the slices for about 5 minutes making sure to not burn the cheese. Cheese should melt until it is golden brown.
- Garnish each melt with fresh parsley.
If you like this, try these:
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe
A flavorful mix of crimini, shiitake, and white button mushrooms are sautéed in a crisp, dry white wine before they are layered on the pizza with mozzarella cheese.view Recipe