Farro with Shiitake Mushrooms and Kale
Shiitake mushrooms paired with kale for its inherent earthiness and cooked with farro for a very rustic dish.
Recipe courtesy of Minerva of Much Ado About Fooding.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups green kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked farro (1 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 small sprig rosemary, dried
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil on medium high heat. Once boiling, add chopped kale and cook for approximately 4 minutes. Turn to medium low heat, add farro and white pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes to the desired doneness of your kale.
- Add butter and mushrooms. Stir until mushrooms are well coated in the butter and a creamy texture is achieved. Add rubbed sage and rosemary. Turn off heat and stir until herbs are well incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!