Farro with Shiitake Mushrooms and Kale
Shiitake mushrooms paired with kale for its inherent earthiness and cooked with farro for a very rustic dish.
Recipe courtesy of Minerva of Much Ado About Fooding.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups green kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked farro (1 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 small sprig rosemary, dried
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil on medium high heat. Once boiling, add chopped kale and cook for approximately 4 minutes. Turn to medium low heat, add farro and white pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes to the desired doneness of your kale.
- Add butter and mushrooms. Stir until mushrooms are well coated in the butter and a creamy texture is achieved. Add rubbed sage and rosemary. Turn off heat and stir until herbs are well incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe