Hummus Toast with Marinated Mushrooms
For this tasty toast, hummus is topped with tangy marinated mushrooms for a hearty and filling meal. Your mushrooms will need to marinate for at least four hours to absorb maximum flavor and become pleasantly tender, but feel free to let them soak in the dressing for up to 12 hours for even more intensity. You can make them the night before to enjoy the toast for breakfast, or prep them first thing in the morning for lunch.
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 slices toasted bread
- ½ cup plain hummus
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons diced green olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Small, or chopped, oregano leaves for garnish
- Place the mushrooms in a medium bowl with a lid. Pour in the olive oil and added the garlic, shallot, oregano, and sea salt. Stir well to coat the mushrooms in the oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus over each slice of toast. Layer mushrooms over the hummus. Sprinkle each serving with an equal amount of black olives, green olives, and feta. Garnish with oregano leaves before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus marinating time.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe