Kale and Basil Pesto Zoodles with Mushrooms
These zoodles are full of bold flavors and they are ideal for a light lunch or dinner. They can stand as a meal on their own, or serve them as a side with grilled fish or chicken.
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- ¼ cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 ½ pounds) cut into zoodles
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Place the kale, basil, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a small food processor or the cup of a single serving blender. Pulse in 10 second intervals until all ingredients are combined and the kale is finely chopped.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and the ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Pulse in 10 second intervals until all ingredients are finely chopped and transform into a thick dressing.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, just until the being to soften. Add the zoodles and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, just until they begin to become tender.
- Pour in the pesto and cook for 1 more minute to heat all ingredients. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and season with any addition salt to taste before serving.
If you like this, try these:
These Lasagna Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms require less than 10 ingredients and are ready in 20 minutes, making this the perfect weeknight recipe.view Recipe
Breakfast is easy and flavorful with this nutrient-packed Grilled Portabella Mushroom Egg Scramble from Hannah Christina.view Recipe