Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Lamb can be an easy and satisfying weeknight meal, and these lamb loin chops with a fragrant and flavorful Marsala sauce will prove it. Serve over-top of mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- 5-6 lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (or dry white wine)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme
- In a shallow bowl mix flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge loin chops in flour.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot add loin chops to pan. Sear on either side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To same pan, add butter and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Slowly add wine to deglaze the pan; using spatula to scrape the pan clean. Add chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and seared loin chops to the pan. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve over hot mashed potatoes.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
These bowls use a blend of mushrooms and lean ground bison for a satisfying meal. Paired with grains and fresh vegetables, the dish is full of shawarma spices that are cooled by a tangy yogurt tahini sauce.view Recipe
This recipe uses a blend of lean ground turkey and white button mushrooms to create a hearty filling for tender sweet potatoes. Skip the oven and simply microwave the potatoes until tender for a quick dinner. Pair with a simple salad for a meal.view Recipe