Leftover Stuffing Mushroom Strata
This strata is a great way to reuse leftovers and reduce food waste.
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 ounce pancetta, diced
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, finely minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter a glass baking dish. Place leftover stuffing into a large mixing bowl and drizzle the half and half over the top. Stir.
- Over medium low heat, cook pancetta for 4 minutes over medium low heat. Add mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the leftover stuffing and stir in parsley.
- Pour stuffing mixture into the glass baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack eggs over the top. Cover with foil and place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set but still slightly soft. Serve hot.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms make a delicious vegan taco filling in this recipe developed by Carlene Thomas, RD.view Recipe
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe