Leftover Stuffing Mushroom Strata
This strata is a great way to reuse leftovers and reduce food waste.
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 ounce pancetta, diced
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, finely minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter a glass baking dish. Place leftover stuffing into a large mixing bowl and drizzle the half and half over the top. Stir.
- Over medium low heat, cook pancetta for 4 minutes over medium low heat. Add mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the leftover stuffing and stir in parsley.
- Pour stuffing mixture into the glass baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack eggs over the top. Cover with foil and place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set but still slightly soft. Serve hot.
If you like this, try these:
This recipe uses a blend of lean ground turkey and white button mushrooms to create a hearty filling for tender sweet potatoes. Skip the oven and simply microwave the potatoes until tender for a quick dinner. Pair with a simple salad for a meal.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe