Leftover Stuffing Mushroom Strata
This strata is a great way to reuse leftovers and reduce food waste.
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 ounce pancetta, diced
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, finely minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter a glass baking dish. Place leftover stuffing into a large mixing bowl and drizzle the half and half over the top. Stir.
- Over medium low heat, cook pancetta for 4 minutes over medium low heat. Add mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the leftover stuffing and stir in parsley.
- Pour stuffing mixture into the glass baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack eggs over the top. Cover with foil and place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set but still slightly soft. Serve hot.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
These bowls use a blend of mushrooms and lean ground bison for a satisfying meal. Paired with grains and fresh vegetables, the dish is full of shawarma spices that are cooled by a tangy yogurt tahini sauce.view Recipe
This recipe uses a blend of lean ground turkey and white button mushrooms to create a hearty filling for tender sweet potatoes. Skip the oven and simply microwave the potatoes until tender for a quick dinner. Pair with a simple salad for a meal.view Recipe