Loaded Veggie NachosPrint
Loaded with veggies such as finely chopped mushrooms,avocado, tomatoes and peppers, this recipe nacho recipe is light and perfect for lunch. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Deanna of Teaspoon of Spice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms, diced (about 2 ½ cups diced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 ounces Cabot Jalapeño Light or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, chopped (about ¾ cup chopped)
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt. Sauté for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked down. Drain in a mesh sieve and set aside.
- Turn on broiler.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Layer with mushrooms and cheese. Place under broiler and cook until cheese starts to melt (about 1 ½ – 2 minutes) Keep your eye on the broiler as cooking times may be different depending on your broiler, where your oven rack is positioned, etc.
- Remove from broiler and layer with red peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with jalapeño slices and cilantro. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe