Loaded Veggie NachosPrint
Loaded with veggies such as finely chopped mushrooms,avocado, tomatoes and peppers, this recipe nacho recipe is light and perfect for lunch. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Deanna of Teaspoon of Spice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms, diced (about 2 ½ cups diced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 ounces Cabot Jalapeño Light or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, chopped (about ¾ cup chopped)
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt. Sauté for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked down. Drain in a mesh sieve and set aside.
- Turn on broiler.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Layer with mushrooms and cheese. Place under broiler and cook until cheese starts to melt (about 1 ½ – 2 minutes) Keep your eye on the broiler as cooking times may be different depending on your broiler, where your oven rack is positioned, etc.
- Remove from broiler and layer with red peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with jalapeño slices and cilantro. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe