Loaded Veggie NachosPrint
Loaded with veggies such as finely chopped mushrooms,avocado, tomatoes and peppers, this recipe nacho recipe is light and perfect for lunch. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Deanna of Teaspoon of Spice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms, diced (about 2 ½ cups diced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 ounces Cabot Jalapeño Light or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, chopped (about ¾ cup chopped)
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt. Sauté for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked down. Drain in a mesh sieve and set aside.
- Turn on broiler.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Layer with mushrooms and cheese. Place under broiler and cook until cheese starts to melt (about 1 ½ – 2 minutes) Keep your eye on the broiler as cooking times may be different depending on your broiler, where your oven rack is positioned, etc.
- Remove from broiler and layer with red peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with jalapeño slices and cilantro. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!