Marinated Mushroom Bowls with Lentils and Wild Rice
This meal-in-a-bowl is full of bright flavors and delicious textures. A mix of crimini mushrooms are marinated in an Asian-inspired dressing and paired with hearty grains and lentils alongside crunchy vegetables. You can swap the French lentils with another type of lentil and cooked chickpeas are also a delicious option. Any grain such as brown rice or quinoa can be substituted for the wild rice.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked French lentils
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- Garnishes: chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, black sesame seeds, lime wedges
- To marinate the mushrooms, whisk together the olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili oil in a shallow bowl. Stir in the green onion, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Add the mushrooms and gently toss in the marinade. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl and toss with the lime juice and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of soy sauce each to the lentils and the wild rice.
- To serve, arrange an equal amount of mushrooms, cabbage, lentils, wild rice, and cucumbers in each bowl. Drizzle with any remaining marinade and garnish with cilantro, green onions, and black sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy room temperature or cold.