Marinated Mushroom and Chickpea Salad
This refreshing mushroom and chickpea salad can be served as a side or a main dish.
Recipe courtesy of Aggie’s Kitchen.
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into small pieces
- One, 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Small pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley and/or fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mushrooms with chickpeas and roasted red peppers in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine sherry vinegar with olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Bring to a low boil and turn off heat. Pour vinaigrette over mushrooms, chickpeas and red peppers and gently stir.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that ingredients absorb dressing. Add freshly chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Stir before serving (to distribute the dressing).
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe