Marinated Mushroom and Chickpea Salad
This refreshing mushroom and chickpea salad can be served as a side or a main dish.
Recipe courtesy of Aggie’s Kitchen.
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into small pieces
- One, 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Small pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley and/or fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mushrooms with chickpeas and roasted red peppers in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine sherry vinegar with olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Bring to a low boil and turn off heat. Pour vinaigrette over mushrooms, chickpeas and red peppers and gently stir.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that ingredients absorb dressing. Add freshly chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Stir before serving (to distribute the dressing).
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe