Mediterranean Mushroom-Zucchini BoatsPrint
On the grill or in the oven, these mushroom zucchini boats are easy, versatile and full of feisty, vibrant summertime flavors and are ready in less than 20 min.
Recipe courtesy of Brooke Lark.
- 3 small zucchinis, halved
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Use a small spoon to scoop the pit and seeds out of the center of each zucchini half. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the tomato, bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, olives, and feta cheese. Spoon into the center of each zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 20 minutes OR grill on a grill heated to medium-low heat until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe