Mediterranean Mushroom-Zucchini BoatsPrint
On the grill or in the oven, these mushroom zucchini boats are easy, versatile and full of feisty, vibrant summertime flavors and are ready in less than 20 min.
Recipe courtesy of Brooke Lark.
- 3 small zucchinis, halved
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Use a small spoon to scoop the pit and seeds out of the center of each zucchini half. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the tomato, bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, olives, and feta cheese. Spoon into the center of each zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 20 minutes OR grill on a grill heated to medium-low heat until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe