Mini Mushroom BurgersPrint
Juicy, marinated, grilled portabella mushrooms are the stars of these meaty mini burgers – small bites that taste just right.
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 small high-fiber whole grain dinner rolls
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Place portabellas and vinaigrette in a large ziplock bag. Zip and lightly rub the vinaigrette into the mushrooms. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, drain and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place the mushrooms on the grill fill side down and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to grill until mushroom is almost cooked through, about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain mushrooms on paper towel, gill side down. Cut each mushroom into quarters and place on buns. Top with onion and tomato and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 150
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe