Mini Mushroom BurgersPrint
Juicy, marinated, grilled portabella mushrooms are the stars of these meaty mini burgers – small bites that taste just right.
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 small high-fiber whole grain dinner rolls
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Place portabellas and vinaigrette in a large ziplock bag. Zip and lightly rub the vinaigrette into the mushrooms. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, drain and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place the mushrooms on the grill fill side down and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to grill until mushroom is almost cooked through, about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain mushrooms on paper towel, gill side down. Cut each mushroom into quarters and place on buns. Top with onion and tomato and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 150
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe