Mini Mushroom BurgersPrint
Juicy, marinated, grilled portabella mushrooms are the stars of these meaty mini burgers – small bites that taste just right.
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 small high-fiber whole grain dinner rolls
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Place portabellas and vinaigrette in a large ziplock bag. Zip and lightly rub the vinaigrette into the mushrooms. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, drain and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place the mushrooms on the grill fill side down and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to grill until mushroom is almost cooked through, about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain mushrooms on paper towel, gill side down. Cut each mushroom into quarters and place on buns. Top with onion and tomato and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 150
- Sodium: 300 milligrams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe