Moroccan Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
This Moroccan Mushroom Lettuce Wraps recipe featuring a combination of portabellas, crimini, and white button mushrooms that are seasoned and sautéed to perfection!
Recipe courtesy of Valerie Alvarez (@valeriealvarez)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (reduce to 1/2 tsp if you don’t like heat)
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1–3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tahini sesame seed paste
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- One head of butter lettuce
- Hemp seeds
- Sunflower seed
- 2 green onions
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix in the mushrooms and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- To cook the mushrooms, heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add in the ingredients in the bowl and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add the crushed garlic, tahini paste and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and blend (it will be thick as it emulsifies.)
- Add a little bit of water, salt, parsley and blend again for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the tahini to a serving bowl, and if you like stir in fresh chopped parsley.
- To make the lettuce cups, on a plate add two leaves and fill with mushroom mix and garnish with hemp, sunflower seeds, green onions tops.
- Drizzle tahini sauce on top.
- Add a side serving Cucumber Salad and enjoy!
If you like this, try these:
Explore the flavors of the West in this al pastor taco recipe featuring meaty portabella mushrooms, created by @loveinmybelly.view Recipe
Nothing says “Midwest” like a hotdish. Explore this Midwest favorite with a vegetarian twist using mushrooms, created by @forkinthekitchen.view Recipe