Mushroom Avocado ToastPrint
An open faced sandwich, light toasted, topped with fanned avocado, piled high with caramelized mushrooms, sprinkled with aged cheese and then finished with a few micro greens. Sounds like a winner to me!
Recipe courtesy of Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- grated aged cheddar micro greens
- Toast the bread for a few minutes until crisp.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and slice it into thin slices. Take ¼ of the avocado and fan it out, and then place it on top of the toast. Repeat for the remaining avocado and toast.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced baby bellas and sauté for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe