Mushroom Avocado ToastPrint
An open faced sandwich, light toasted, topped with fanned avocado, piled high with caramelized mushrooms, sprinkled with aged cheese and then finished with a few micro greens. Sounds like a winner to me!
Recipe courtesy of Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- grated aged cheddar micro greens
- Toast the bread for a few minutes until crisp.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and slice it into thin slices. Take ¼ of the avocado and fan it out, and then place it on top of the toast. Repeat for the remaining avocado and toast.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced baby bellas and sauté for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe