Mushroom Avocado ToastPrint
An open faced sandwich, light toasted, topped with fanned avocado, piled high with caramelized mushrooms, sprinkled with aged cheese and then finished with a few micro greens. Sounds like a winner to me!
Recipe courtesy of Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- grated aged cheddar micro greens
- Toast the bread for a few minutes until crisp.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and slice it into thin slices. Take ¼ of the avocado and fan it out, and then place it on top of the toast. Repeat for the remaining avocado and toast.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced baby bellas and sauté for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe