Mushroom Avocado ToastPrint
An open faced sandwich, light toasted, topped with fanned avocado, piled high with caramelized mushrooms, sprinkled with aged cheese and then finished with a few micro greens. Sounds like a winner to me!
Recipe courtesy of Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- grated aged cheddar micro greens
- Toast the bread for a few minutes until crisp.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and slice it into thin slices. Take ¼ of the avocado and fan it out, and then place it on top of the toast. Repeat for the remaining avocado and toast.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced baby bellas and sauté for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe