Mushroom Avocado Toast
An open faced sandwich, light toasted, topped with fanned avocado, piled high with caramelized mushrooms, sprinkled with aged cheese and then finished with a few micro greens. Sounds like a winner to me!
Recipe courtesy of Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- grated aged cheddar micro greens
- Toast the bread for a few minutes until crisp.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and slice it into thin slices. Take ¼ of the avocado and fan it out, and then place it on top of the toast. Repeat for the remaining avocado and toast.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced baby bellas and sauté for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!