Mushroom & Black Bean Veggie Burgers
For all the plant-based eaters out there, this one’s for you. Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Optional toppings: spicy mayo, lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onions
- In a food processor, add black beans, shiitake mushrooms, onions, garlic, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the quinoa and oats until well combined. Form into 4 patties then chill for 10 minutes to firm up before cooking.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully cook burger patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve burgers with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!