Mushroom Breakfast Burritos
Recipe courtesy of Chez Us.
- 20 medium crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3 ounces spinach
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- queso fresco
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- favorite salsa
- Place the mushrooms into a food processor and finely chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, stir and cook
until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat. Stir in the taco seasoning, then add the spinach. Cook until lightly wilted, about 1 minute. Place the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the frying pan.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in the frying pan that you used for cooking the mushrooms. Add the eggs, and cook until soft set.
- Heat the tortillas. Place a tortilla on a plate, add some of the mushroom mixture, the eggs and a sprinkle of queso fresco. Wrap up burrito style.
- If you are serving at home, just cut and plate, serving some salsa on the side. If you will be taking it with you, cut the burrito in half, wrap in some parchment paper, and eat on the go.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe