Mushroom Breakfast Burritos
Recipe courtesy of Chez Us.
- 20 medium crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3 ounces spinach
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- queso fresco
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- favorite salsa
- Place the mushrooms into a food processor and finely chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, stir and cook
until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat. Stir in the taco seasoning, then add the spinach. Cook until lightly wilted, about 1 minute. Place the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the frying pan.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in the frying pan that you used for cooking the mushrooms. Add the eggs, and cook until soft set.
- Heat the tortillas. Place a tortilla on a plate, add some of the mushroom mixture, the eggs and a sprinkle of queso fresco. Wrap up burrito style.
- If you are serving at home, just cut and plate, serving some salsa on the side. If you will be taking it with you, cut the burrito in half, wrap in some parchment paper, and eat on the go.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe