Mushroom Bruschetta BitesPrint
Heather Scholten from Farmgirl Gourmet creates a quick and gluten-free alternative to the usual bruschetta using crimini mushrooms in place of bread.
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, wiped clean
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 3 fresh basil leaves, minced
- pinch of salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a small rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and place them on the prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl add the olive oil and minced garlic and stir to combine. Brush the mushrooms with the olive oil mixture and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, add the diced tomatoes, pine nuts, minced basil, salt and pepper to a small bowl and stir gently to combine. Spoon into the warm mushroom caps, pressing lightly, and serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe