Mushroom Bruschetta Bites
Heather Scholten from Farmgirl Gourmet creates a quick and gluten-free alternative to the usual bruschetta using crimini mushrooms in place of bread.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, wiped clean
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 3 fresh basil leaves, minced
- pinch of salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a small rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and place them on the prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl add the olive oil and minced garlic and stir to combine. Brush the mushrooms with the olive oil mixture and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, add the diced tomatoes, pine nuts, minced basil, salt and pepper to a small bowl and stir gently to combine. Spoon into the warm mushroom caps, pressing lightly, and serve immediately.