Mushroom & Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer that’s perfect for fall and football season, look no further. These mushroom stuffed jalapenos will disappear faster than you can make them.
- 12 jalapenos, halved, seeds removed
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar
- Kosher salt/black pepper
- 2 slices prosciutto, crisped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place jalapeno halves on top. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl combine: mushrooms, cream cheese, cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop mushroom mixture into jalapeno halves. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and jalapenos have softened.
- Garnish with prosciutto and chives if desired.
If you like this, try these:
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe
A flavorful mix of crimini, shiitake, and white button mushrooms are sautéed in a crisp, dry white wine before they are layered on the pizza with mozzarella cheese.view Recipe