Mushroom & Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer that’s perfect for fall and football season, look no further. These mushroom stuffed jalapenos will disappear faster than you can make them.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 12 jalapenos, halved, seeds removed
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar
- Kosher salt/black pepper
- 2 slices prosciutto, crisped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place jalapeno halves on top. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl combine: mushrooms, cream cheese, cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop mushroom mixture into jalapeno halves. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and jalapenos have softened.
- Garnish with prosciutto and chives if desired.
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!