Mushroom and Chicken QuesadillaPrint
This easy mushroom and chicken quesadilla recipe is one that the whole family will enjoy, making it a win-win for busy back-to-school weeknight schedules!
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- four 10-inch corn or flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- one 10-ounce package pepper jack or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and chicken and sauté until chicken is heated through and mushrooms and onions have become tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove ingredients from skillet and pour into a bowl for use in preparing quesadillas. Carefully wipe out skillet with a towel.
- Add butter or olive oil to skillet, over medium heat. Add one tortilla to the skillet, top with one-fourth of the following: cheese, mushroom, onion and chicken mixture. Cook until cheese begins to melt and tortilla begins to brown on the underside. Fold tortilla over to close. Remove from skillet and serve warm.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms make a delicious vegan taco filling in this recipe developed by Carlene Thomas, RD.view Recipe
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe