Mushroom and Chicken Quesadilla
This easy mushroom and chicken quesadilla recipe is one that the whole family will enjoy, making it a win-win for busy back-to-school weeknight schedules!
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- four 10-inch corn or flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- one 10-ounce package pepper jack or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and chicken and sauté until chicken is heated through and mushrooms and onions have become tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove ingredients from skillet and pour into a bowl for use in preparing quesadillas. Carefully wipe out skillet with a towel.
- Add butter or olive oil to skillet, over medium heat. Add one tortilla to the skillet, top with one-fourth of the following: cheese, mushroom, onion and chicken mixture. Cook until cheese begins to melt and tortilla begins to brown on the underside. Fold tortilla over to close. Remove from skillet and serve warm.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!