Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad
Add a twist to your usual picnic side dishes! This mayo-free potato salad is dressed in a mustard and chive vinaigrette and filled with tender mushrooms.
- 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste,
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and fill with water to cover potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes depending on the size of your potato halves.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until darkened and tender. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until smooth. Add chives, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes and mushrooms and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe