Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad
Add a twist to your usual picnic side dishes! This mayo-free potato salad is dressed in a mustard and chive vinaigrette and filled with tender mushrooms.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste,
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and fill with water to cover potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes depending on the size of your potato halves.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until darkened and tender. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until smooth. Add chives, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes and mushrooms and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!