Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad
Add a twist to your usual picnic side dishes! This mayo-free potato salad is dressed in a mustard and chive vinaigrette and filled with tender mushrooms.
- 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste,
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and fill with water to cover potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes depending on the size of your potato halves.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until darkened and tender. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until smooth. Add chives, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes and mushrooms and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe