Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad
Add a twist to your usual picnic side dishes! This mayo-free potato salad is dressed in a mustard and chive vinaigrette and filled with tender mushrooms.
- 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste,
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and fill with water to cover potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes depending on the size of your potato halves.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until darkened and tender. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until smooth. Add chives, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes and mushrooms and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe